A deep tomato flavor salsa with yellow onion and jalapeño heat undertones. Rounded off with a refreshing hint of lime juice and red wine vinegar.
Making salsa was the first leap I made into preparing homemade food. Our family loves fajitas, tacos, and chips dipped in salsa. We’ve purchased several jarred brands in the past, many of which we enjoyed, but they never seemed as fresh as the salsa we had while eating out. I mentioned this to a friend one day and they asked why I didn’t just make my own homemade salsa.
It’s easy they said. You throw it all in a processor and mix it up. I guess you can say we haven’t turned back since!
- 4 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 medium jalapeño
- 1/4 medium yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
1) Cut the tomatoes into quarters and deseed them.
2) Finely chop the cilantro
3) Deseed the jalapeño
4) Cut onion into large pieces
5) Put all the vegetables to the food processor
6) Add freshly squeezed lime juice and red wine vinegar to food processor.
7) Add all dried ingredients to food processor
8) Pulse all ingredients in the food processor until desired consistency is reached.